Is the twin volcano with the volcano Atitlán, it has two peaks, the north peak and the south peak is the higher part of the volcano, it has a spectacular view of 360 degrees, and in the north peak is the crater that has a diameter of 200 meters, the skirts of the volcano is the area with the most vegetation and forest and that’s where the “pavo de cacho” lives and could be observed with probability. This volcano is little bit easy to hike then Atitlan Volcano. The ascent is possible in a day, departing early in the morning and coming back in the afternoon without any kind of vehicle, starts with an altitude of 1590 meters above sea level, to the top of 3237 meters above sea level. It takes around 4 to 5 hours up and 3 hours to coming down.
- 8:00am transfer from the town Santiago Atitlan (The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel).
- 08:30 arrival at the entrance of the park
- 08:30 Begins the hike for about 5hrs. (aprox)
- 3:00pm (Aprox.)arrival time at the base camp Time to see sunset
Day # 2.
- 4:3:00am time to see sunrise (short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise).
- 07:00am return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:00am Descend to the village
- 11:30am arrival time at the village
- Trasfer from the village 12:00pm arrival time to Santiago Atitlan
|Included||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, slepping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place||8:00 AM/ Santiago Atitlan|
|Price:||It is per person|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food or snacks and flash light|